The Thiviers Tourist Office organizes guided tours of the city. Information on (33) 553 551 25
Stronghold in the Middle Ages, the origins of Thiviers are actually much more distant, it is around the eleventh century that the city acquired its final name. Inside the town, stands Vaucocourt whose foundations are of the thirteenth century, during the passage of the Huguenots in 1575, the castle as the walls of the city were destroyed.
The current building was built on the remains of ancient substructures in the sixteenth century, its medieval appearance being almost more apparent after numerous renovations over the centuries, but it is very interesting because it was part of the fortifications the city, the panorama is in the city park clearly illustrates this.
Private property, can not be visited, visible from outside only.
Notre-Dame de l'Assomption Church
Romanesque church of Our Lady of the Assumption of the twelfth century, rebuilt in the sixteenth and nineteenth centuries, listed historical monument since 1926.
Place Foch Fountain
The fountain on the Place du Maréchal Foch was made by local sculptor Jean Claude Rouyer. This sculpture is called "La Toilette" to remind everyone of the importance of water in everyday life. This work was carried out in several stages, creating a plaster, then the realization of the mold in which a foundry at Aix-sur-Vienne cast metal, to obtain the final work.
La Filolie Castle
Castle from the fifteenth to seventeenth century
He belonged to the famous perfumer François Coty.
Today, it houses the Rural Family House Périgord Vert (private agricultural school)
Manor of eighteenth-nineteenth centuries,
Castle of the sixteenth - seventeenth century,
Former convent of Saint-Paul
The former convent of Saint-Paul Thiviers, one of the most remarkable monuments of the city.
This building was built about 150 years ago. He belonged to the Congregation of the Sisters of Christ. He first served as a convent and orphanage for girls then health center.
End of 1991, it was sold to free association "Sharing".
The association has sold the former convent in 2012 to a private.
Thiviers Town Hall
The town hall was in the nineteenth century remains of Dr. Jules Theulier who was nicknamed for his charity and kindness "doctor of the poor", for recognition of his works, a street bears his name.
Albert Theulier, Jules Theulier's son, long time mayor, councilor and deputy, did much also to Thiviers creation of kindergarten, park, etc..
Since 1922, the home of the family became the town hall and its adjacent land, the park Theulier.
16th century house
Jean-Paul Sartre House
Jean-Paul Sartre, (1905-1980),
writer and philosopher,
spent his youth holiday in Thiviers
Church of the nineteenth century,
erected at the site of a chapel dating from 1601
Castle of the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries
Banceil castle, which served as the first defense attacks from Périgueux, is now converted into housing.
Old hospital and its chapel
Foie gras (Fat liver) Museum
Old house of Consuls